Sunday, April 17, 2011

9 months

Its been 9 months since my operation. My posts have become less frequent but thats because not much changes from month to month as it has in the past. Not sure what I posted last time and too lazy (for lack of a better word) to go back and check.

Heres the latest:

I walk a couple miles each day in total as a result of walking part of the way to work and walking home from the bus stop. Most places I go involves a good amount of walking and there is no longer the need for down time associated with those walks. There are times when I may walk slower than others but the fact that there is no pain makes me think about how blessed I was to be able to get this procedure done!!!!!!

The other night I went out and wore heels for the first time in about a year. I have flat feet so any shoes (flat or otherwise) hurt my feet within ten minutes of wear. I was wearing a short dress,though,and *needed*,lol,to wear those shoes. I figured id rest my feet here and there and see how the night progressed. I wore them on and off with rests in between for about 5 hours. There was NO ankle pain to speak of and the next day before getting out of bed I was a little concerned about how it would feel to walk and after a few steps,I was good and felt perfectly fine the next day.

If youre contemplating this-DO IT. whatever inconveniences,pain,or irritation you currently feel will only get worse with time if in fact you do have this same bone deformity.
I would say, "let me know how your procedure went" but Ive asked that before to no avail...
whats up with you people?!?!?!?
:-P

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just finished reading your entire blog and would like to say thank you for your posts. I too suffer from tarsal coalition but on both feet. I live with constant pain and it only seems to get worst the older I get. I learned I had this condition when I was 10 years old and was going to get surgery then but decided not to. I'm happy I waited because surgery now is so much better and has advanced so much. I plan to meet with my surgeon very soon and get a surgery date. Your blog was really helpful and happy to hear that you had a good experience and are healing well Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat through and read most of your posts and I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with the net. I am a 18 year old female who has been suffering with ankle pain for the last 12 years and recently i was diagnosed with a tarsal coalition and I have been struggling in deciding what to do. The more and more I look online Im convinced there is not much to be done and surgery seems like my best bet. I just wanted to know how active are you on a day to day basis now? And what is your pain level at now thats its been awhile since your surgery? I hope you recover fully from this :)

    ReplyDelete