Wednesday, June 1, 2011

almost a year

In July, a year will have passed since my operation. Lots has transpired. Since I last wrote,Ive continued to walk much more than before. Each morning I walked 1-1.5 miles easy and then walked throughout the day,all without pain. I wore heels once but since my feet are flat,they still hurt my feet. My big toe feels normal though there is a little difference in the sensation when its touched. My incision points are still sensitive but as long as the entire foot is touched, ie pedicure,its ok.Ive even been going to dancing lessons and am in the intermediate class. I can do turns that turn toward the "good" foot,just not the other.

One Problem: Last week I started to feel pain in my foot...but not the part operated on-that part feels great.Its in the middle of my foot at the top,before you get tot he toes. I was worried that it could be a stress fracture so I put on my boot  for awhile. Being out of the country, I was leery of going to a doc but found a German doc who has a good reputation (I suppose). He xrayed me and said Im ok,that I have ________:something akin to arthritus but cant recall the name right now. He explained to me my foot is about 70 years old.

"thanks for putting that into perspective doc". In my mind, it doesnt explain the sudden pain that I started to feel when everything was going wonderfully. He sent me to a place to get custom made insoles that have to be "perfect for my sensitive feet". I can agree witht hat. I should have had those a long time ago. He talked about how I would have pain in my lower back,knee, and other foot bc of the misalignment. True,Ive been having pain in my knee and know its because of how I walk. If the pain isnt gone after wearing these insoles, Ill go back to see whats going on.

So no more class for me. I will be an intermediate for awhile.Besides, I could use the time to hone in on what ive learned thus far.

How is YOUR foot and healing process going??

No comments:

Post a Comment