Friday, October 22, 2010

week 15

I am no longer walking like a just had a hip replacement. Being that I am starting a new job in a new place (see other blog), I have been doing a good bit of walking. Ive noticed that I have more mobility in my ankle-it moves up and down when walking more freely so that I am now walking with my foot instead of my whole leg.
I experience soreness from walking too much but I will add that both feet tend to hurt after a lot of walking as I am flat footed. Having said that, there is pain from walking to much but it isnt pain in the bones or a feeling of arthritic pain. The pain I feel is more so from the operation. No, I do not feel heel pain like some speak of feeling the screws in the heel. For that I am definitely grateful!
According to the doctore, I have one more week in the  boot but I may wear it for a bit longer. I noticed that my leg is still small from where the boot rests on my leg,lol.
Ill definitely be glad when I can walk comfortably again as I want to go and do lots of things in my new environment. I do wait patiently knowing that once healed, I wont be plagued with the pain of arthritis that no amount of pills would heal!

Ma salaam

No comments:

Post a Comment