Friday, July 30, 2010

meds

OK, so let me preface this by saying that I would recommend the doctor I saw as well as the facility that I went to.

I do have a problem, though, with how things are handled when you call in regarding questions about medicine. . .I say this because I have called on several occasions about my medicine. The first time, it was cool, they changed it. The medicine still makes me sick so I just recently called to let them know that. Each time, I call and have to leave a message and then the admin assist calls me back. He doesn't really ask me any questions, he just sends me in another prescription. I think my issue is that I wasn't specific enough when telling him my issues with the meds or my problem.

the problem is my swelling-it is uncomfortable and what causes pain. And while it is not severe, it does prevent me from sleeping at night.

This time they give me darvocet and after I look it up online I realize its another narcotic and doesnt deal with swelling-only pain. I WANT SOMETHING TO STOP THE SWELLING.

I should have gone back to get some Arnica but the errands I ran the past couple of days were in the opposite direction and wasn't really convenient. In the meantime, I continue to ice and keep the foot elevated. In addition, I am going to do some research to see what I can do for myself without necessarily having to call them back. I feel like a druggy.

I feel like I can take this more in stride because I dont have to go back to work before this is over. I can imagine that the stress of paying for this-even when you have insurance-in addition to the stress of wondering when you can get back to work if you arent salaried, release negative things into the body and can delay healing.
I am happy to report that I continue to have a pretty good time with everything. No itching in the cast yet (FINGERS CROSSED). No severe pain and none to speak of so far. . .

*Bathing*
I use a milk crate and put it in the tub and place  towel over it to sit on. I run the shower and bath with my left leg hanging over the edge with a bag over it.

*getting around*
I use a knee roller. Im renting it monthly. Here it is 65 a month. There may be cheaper ones, idk. If one needs it for longer, you may find one on craigslist for about 150. They retail for 300+. They are more convenient than crutches and I am able to do pretty much anything for myself around the house. With crutches, I would need my husband to go in the kitchen to get everything I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment